• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Antonis12

Antonis12
  • Members
  • 174 Απαντήσεις
  • Car Type:Audi80

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

Rumours continue to circulate that Audi will build a TT RS, in which case a first drive of this TTS, a slightly more hardcore TT, should be interesting. Something to whet our appetite.

Or not.

I came away from driving this thing just feeling a bit 'so what?' I couldn't get myself excited about it. Now partly that was because I was driving it in a rain-soaked Munich, which can make a grey day in Slough look interesting, but the simple fact is that the TTS doesn't have fun stamped all the way through it.

With the normal TT, this doesn't matter. With the S version, you expect something more. The engine is the same 2.0 turbo FSI, but with far more power at 268bhp compared to 197bhp in the standard TT, so speed isn't a problem. 0-62mph is seen off in 5.4 seconds, top speed far over the national speed limit - all the usual stuff.

But the steering and chassis can't match this. Grip levels are incredible, but I didn't find that I wanted to carry on driving forever. You couldn't say that about the RS4.

There is one glimmer of hope. The old S4 was a dog, the RS4 was brilliant. Maybe the same logic will apply here if - and it's a big if - Audi decide to build a TT RS.

TopGear

#2 VaTRaXoΣ

VaTRaXoΣ
  • Members
  • 2916 Απαντήσεις
  • Car Type:A3

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

Simple as that!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

#3 Antonis12

Antonis12
  • Members
  • 174 Απαντήσεις

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:42 PM

Audi recently took the wraps off its new TT-S range at the Detroit Auto Show, which means we can now look forward to the model weʼve all been waiting for. The new car is the performance RS variant of the new TT and itʼs set to be the fastest production TT ever.

Thereʼs been much debate about the power source for the new super-coupe with most suggesting either a twin-turbo version of the current 3.2L V6 engine or a brand new five-cylinder turbo unit. However, a reputable source at Audi has revealed the powertrain will in fact be a 2.3L VR5 engine fitted with a turbocharged. Final output will be about 308hp (230kW), and the car could simply be called ʽTT-Rʼ.

Previous spy-shots revealed a prototype with huge cross-drilled brake discs and upgraded calipers as well as an electronic rear-spoiler covered with a strip of carbon-fiber. This latest rendering of the car gives a preview as to what the final version is likely to look when itʼs unveiled later this, possibly at Octoberʼs Paris Motor Show. Key features are the extended wheel arches, new bumpers and lowered ride-height.

Motor-Authority

#4 Antonis12

Antonis12
  • Members
  • 174 Απαντήσεις

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

Audi took the wraps off its new TT-S range back at Januaryʼs Detroit Auto Show and then followed it up with the new TT 2.0L TDI diesel and entry-level 1.8L TFSI, however thereʼs one more TT variant in the works and itʼs set to be the fastest production TT ever. The new car is the performance RS variant of the TT and itʼs expected to be launched in both coupe and roadster forms at the end of this year.

Thereʼs been much debate about the power source for the new super-coupe with most suggesting either a twin-turbo version of the current 3.2L V6 engine or a brand new five-cylinder turbo unit. However, a reputable source at Audi has revealed the powertrain will in fact be a 2.3L VR5 engine fitted with a turbocharged. Final output will be about 308hp (230kW), and the car could simply be called ʽTT-Rʼ.

Previous spy-shots revealed a prototype with huge cross-drilled brake discs and upgraded calipers as well as an electronic rear-spoiler covered with a strip of carbon-fiber. These latest spy shots of the car give us a hint as to what the final version is likely to look when itʼs unveiled later this, possibly at Novemberʼs Paris Motor Show. Key features are the extended wheel arches, new bumpers and a lowered ride-height.

Motor-Authority

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users